Friday, February 5, 2010

Just to make your lives difficult...

I finally bit the bullet and renamed my GitHubaccount from "dhax" to "haxney". I did
this to increase the consistency of my online names, so hopefully things will be less confusing overall.

Unfortunately, this means that all existing URLs to my old "dhax" repositories are broken, and GitHub unfortunately doesn't offer redirection for changed usernames. Though, to be fair, the Git and SSH protocols probably don't support any fancy redirection anyway, so there isn't much they could do. Plus, just offering the ability to change an account name while still preserving all the links and info is noteworthy in and of itself, so they should be commended for that. Yay GitHub!!

Anyway, if you find any place that has a broken link to my old "dhax" account, please let me know so I can fix it.

I figured I would do this now, before anything of mine gains much in the way of popularity so that in the unlikely event that anything should gain some degree of usefulness, I will have avoided a much more painful switch later. We'll see if it pays off.